Action. Sustainability of Colombian agro-industrial exports to the European Union.
Through this action, support is provided to the Colombian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Tourism (MinCIT) and ProColombia - the body in charge of promoting exports - to identify the challenges, opportunities and needs of Colombian agro-industrial sectors in the face of the new sustainability requirements for exports to the European Union. Specifically, the implications of the European Green Pact and the Farm to Table Strategy, among other initiatives, are analysed for seven priority sectors: coffee and derivatives, fresh fruit, palm oil, fresh flowers, cane sugar, cocoa and derivatives, and natural ingredients.
Implementation period: March 2023 - March 2024.
- Analysis of sustainability requirements defined by the European Union for the export of agro-industrial products.
- Diagnosis of needs and opportunities export potential of the Colombian agro-industrial products prioritised in the technical assistance, based on compliance with the requirements analysed.
- Organisation of regional multi-stakeholder dialogue roundtables.
- Elaboration of practical guide to the European Green Pact The project is aimed at Colombian exporting companies and the definition of a road map with specific actions for each of the prioritised sectors and strategies to reducing gender gaps and promote the empowerment of women exporters.
- Training actions on sustainability and export: virtual course for staff of MinCIT, ProColombia and agro-industrial sectors; and closing technical seminar with public entities and representatives of trade unions, academia and civil society.
Bogotá, 04 May 2023. The technical assistance provided to the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Tourism (MinCIT), through ProColombia, was presented in Bogotá, Colombia, to promote the implementation of sustainable practices in the agro-industrial sector and to meet the requirements of the European market in terms of sustainability, which will guarantee exports to the EU.
Bogota, December 02, 2022. In coordination with the Delegation of the European Union (EUD) in Bogota and the Colombian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Tourism (MinCIT), several meetings were organised with representatives of ministries, trade unions, business organisations and international organisations.