This workshop is designed for trade mark examiners from MERCOSUR and Chile with a basic knowledge of trade mark law and examination practices. It focuses on the law and examination practices of the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) related to three-dimensional markings.
The aim of this workshop is to provide examiners with a comprehensive understanding of the processes and criteria involved in the examination of three-dimensional marks by EUIPO and encourage a consistent approach to examination practices.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the legal framework governing three-dimensional trade marks in the European Union.
- Recognise the criteria applied by the EUIPO in the examination of three-dimensional trade mark applications.
- Evaluate three-dimensional trade mark applications based on the criteria established by the EUIPO.
- Identify common challenges and pitfalls encountered during the examination of three-dimensional markings.
- Apply best practices and strategies for the examination of three-dimensional marks.
- Understand the relationship between 3D trademarks and other intellectual property rights, including designs, copyrights and patents.
- Date: 19 October 2023
- Country or region: online
- Organiser: Component 3