ARGENTINA - SANTA FE
Action. Strengthening the Santa Fe meat value chain.
This action is developed in collaboration with the Secretariat for International Cooperation, the Ministry of Production, Science and Technology (MPCT) and the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MACC) of the province of Santa Fe (Argentina). Its objective is to strengthen public policies on sustainability in the beef value chain to promote meat traceability as a public policy tool capable of generating a meat value chain that is transparent and aligned with the socio-environmental standards of global trade, such as those set out in the regulation on afforestation and forest degradation free supply chains of the European Union.
Implementation period: December 2022 - December 2023.
- Training for civil servants on experiences of traceability in the beef value chain, in particular on issues of environmental sustainability.
- Promotion of dialogue on transparency and environmental traceability in the beef value chain, through the participation of at least 50 actors from the public and private sector in Santa Fe and Europe.
- Collection of inputs for the development of the second phase of technical assistance, aimed at designing strategies for the sustainability of the meat sector in Santa Fe.
- Development of a provincial strategy for the public traceability system of deforestation-free beef and leather.
- Design of a incentive scheme to promote the adherence of the different actors in the value chain to the public traceability system.
- Closing seminar with presentation of the results of the technical assistance.
Argentina's Santa Fe Province starts collaboration with AL-INVEST Verde for the sustainability of the meat sector
Santa Fe, 20 December 2022. The Government of Santa Fe, Argentina, and the Component 2 of AL-INVEST Verde have initiated a joint action for the strengthening of public policies on sustainability in the meat sector. Through this action, AL-INVEST Verde will provide support to the technical teams of the Ministry of Production, Science and Technology (MPCT) and the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MACC) of the Province of Santa Fe.
Presentation to Argentina and Paraguay of the Selo Verde traceability system, implemented in the Brazilian state of Paraná.á
Madrid, 23rd January 2023. Through the Component 2AL-INVEST Verde organised the presentation to Argentina and Paraguay of the Selo Verde platform, a traceability system. public and free of charge implemented in the state of Pará, Brazil. The presentation took place online, through the Zoom platform, and was attended by representatives of the European Union delegations in Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil, the European Commission and the AL-INVEST Verde programme.
Rosario, 26 July 2023. The Government of Santa Fe and AL-INVEST Verde presented the second phase of the joint action for the sustainability of the beef and leather value chain. Through this action, the provincial strategy for a public traceability and certification system deforestation-free beef and leather production and a deforestation-free incentive scheme for chain actors to join this system.