Action. Incorporation of sustainability standards for agricultural bio-inputs.
This action is developed in collaboration with the National Directorate of Bioeconomy of Argentina. Its objective is to promote the regional development of agricultural bioinputs, such as biofertilisers, biopesticides and biostimulants, in order to increase the competitiveness and positioning of Argentinean bioinputs in international markets. To this end, the capacity of the National Bioeconomy Directorate will be supported as a reference centre for the certification and promotion of bioinputs, with the aim of maintaining and promoting their export to the European Union.
Implementation period: July 2023 - November 2023.
- Knowledge of the bio-inputs sector The European Commission has also been informed of existing certifications at international level (in particular in Europe) and of the legislation and requirements for access to the European market.
- Identification of technical criteria oriented towards the incorporation of sustainable processes by Argentinean producers of agricultural bio-inputs.
- Training The technical team of the National Bioeconomy Directorate on the certification of sustainable processes in the production of bioinputs for agricultural use and on the requirements for access to the European market.
- Support in the generation of long-term strategies for the growth of the bio-inputs sector.
- Strengthening the public-private dialogue through regional activities to disseminate and promote agricultural bio-inputs.
- Increased interactions and exchanges between Argentine and European companies.
Buenos Aires, 26th July 2023. AL-INVEST Green, through the Italian Council for Research and Analysis of Agricultural Economics (CREA), will provide technical assistance to the National Directorate of Bioeconomy in Argentina to strengthen the production of natural fertilisers and nutrients for agricultural use in the country.
Buenos Aires, 21st November 2023. Representatives of small and medium-sized companies, Argentinean chambers of bioinputs, producers and technicians from the DNB of the Secretariat of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (SAGyP) attended the training session. "Competencies, requirements and modalities of access to the EU market for bioinputs produced in Argentina".The project was organised by CREA in Italy.